Food is integral part of any culture and we have the most wonderful dishes which are not just tempting but also healthy. We have the right balanced food in our traditional dishes, be it dal or peas. Check our mouthwatering, terrific and super tempting dish of this week… forget your diet today and enjoy the food!
Ingredients of Potato Rice
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Big Potato cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 2 green cardamoms crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick broken into small pieces
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Rock Salt (as required)
- Ghee (as required)
Method of Preparation of Aloo Pulao
- Heat Ghee in a thick bottomed pan and add cumin seeds, green cardamoms, cloves and broken cinnamon stick.
- After 2-3 minutes add the potato and then the rice and mix well and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, rock salt and required water and cook the rice in low flame till the rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Your Alu Pulav recipe is now ready.
- You may serve this dish hot with Papad and pickle.
Tagged aloo, aloo pulao, diet, healthy food, indian cooking, indian curry, indian food, indian in uk, indian mums, Indian mums in UK, pulao, rice dishes